What is the difference between the 10km, challenge and race
1) The 10km Trail - This takes place in the morning at every venue and provides a great opportunity for the novice or rookie trail runner to sample our events; as well as offering the more experienced competitors the chance to really put their foot down!
2) The Challenge - Using the exactly the same course as the race, this provides less competitive runners the chance to tackle the day's longer distance course. This sets off exactly one hour before the race and is ideal for those wanting to take it easy and enjoy the views.
3) The Race - Setting off an hour afterward the challenge, but taking in exactly the same course, this event is designed for the more competitive amongst us and attracts a great range of abilities, from elite international athletes and club runners, to those who run regularly and want to test themselves against the clock.
What sort of trainers should I wear?
We would highly recommend wearing specific trail shoes for all of our events, as a good grip will help with both the up and downhill.
What is the minimum age to be to be able to enter?
1) The 10km Trail - 16 years old
2) The Challenge - 18 years old
3) The Race - 18 years old
4) Half Marathon & Marathon - 18 years old
Is there an event for children?
Making sure the kids aren't left out, our children's Fun Trails usually takes place over lunchtime, when mum or dad has the chance to encourage the little ones around a 0.5km flat trail course. These short fun runs for children under 12 are about having fun and taking part in a big arena and all finishers are rewarded with their very own special medal.
Do you provide maps of the courses?
We'd love all of our Lakeland Trailers to access race day maps for all of our courses. However, because some of our routes cross private land, which we work hard to secure access to, we are keen for people not to run the course in advance of the event. Where we can provide maps, you'll find these on the 'course' section of each event, where you can also find slideshows of all of our courses.
Can I transfer or cancel my entry?
You can find full details of our cancellation and refunds policy here.
What do I get for my entry fee?
Choose and finish any one of our senior races and as well as enjoying amazing trail running in an awesome part of the world, you'll receive: